What we believe is based on the truths and principles of the Bible, which define who we are.
PAZ Mission Statement
To glorify God, fulfilling the Great Commission by planting nationally led churches, emphasizing:
- The making of disciple-making disciples
- The training, equipping and sending of nationals
- Ministering to the whole person: spirit, soul and body
- Starting in the Amazon Basin following the Acts 1:8 model
Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons — Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible to be fully and uniquely inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it is the only authoritative, inerrant and infallible written Word of God.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, inerrant teaching, substitutionary death and atonement, bodily resurrection and ascension to the right hand of God.
- We believe that man, created in the image of God, was tempted by Satan and fell, and because of his consequent depraved state, requires regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation.
- We believe that salvation is received by faith alone, apart from works, and consists of repentance toward God for forgiveness of sins, the imputation of Christ's righteousness, and the gift of eternal life.
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is being sanctified and empowered to live a godly life, demonstrating the fruit of the Spirit and practicing the gifts of the Spirit.
- We believe that the true church, the body of Christ, is composed of all those who have been regenerated and is the appointed instrument for the fulfillment of Christ's Great Commission.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church: water baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper.
- We believe in the imminent, visible, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the rapture of the church, eternal life of the saved in the presence of the Lord, and the eternal punishment of the lost in the lake of fire.
- We believe it is the obligation of the saved to witness by life and word to these truths and to proclaim the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all the world.
- EXPANDING THE KINGDOM OF GOD BY PLANTING CHURCHES
We are called to plant churches (versus being a parachurch type organization). The actual practice of church planting occurs through the "multiplication" of existing churches. The mission serves as the ultimate covering for the churches in maintaining their vision focus, determining future direction, and helping to tap and develop resources that will facilitate church planting.
- FOCUSING ON THE UNREACHED — THAT IS, AREAS WITH NO ESTABLISHED EVANGELICAL WITNESS
In order to establish financial and human resources, initial church-planting emphasis may be given to larger population centers. However, the ultimate focus is to reach those who have never had the opportunity to clearly hear the Gospel.
- MINISTERING TO THE WHOLE PERSON — SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY
In obedience to Christ's commands concerning compassion and care for our brothers, our focus is not only to meet the spiritual needs of the people but also their physical, emotional and educational needs by developing extensive social, medical and educational programs in the churches we plant.
- TRAINING, EQUIPPING AND SENDING NATIONALS
Inherent in developing a self-propagating, nationally led church-planting movement is the training, equipping and sending of national workers. Foreign missionaries are also key for fueling the national movement through the talents and gifts they bring to help the nationals. However, the emphasis is on developing a healthy movement that is not critically dependent on foreign funding or personnel.
- MAKING RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO OTHERS
To accelerate the fulfillment of the Great Commission we make available strategic planning, leadership training and resource deployment.
- BEING DYNAMIC
We are open to new technologies and methodologies that will improve our capabilities to plant churches.
- MAINTAINING A TEAM SPIRIT
We recognize the need for working together in harmony to see our vision fulfilled. That harmony includes various aspects, such as laying aside of selfish interests, developing and encouraging the use of individual talents and gifts, tolerance of differing opinions, encouraging, exhorting, and defending one another, helping each other to succeed, and promoting good relationships based on accountability.
- ACCOUNTABILITY (PERSONAL, MINISTERIAL, FINANCIAL)
God has ordained lines of authority in the family, work, church and government settings. In maintaining integrity and a life that is above reproach, we stress accountability to God, to those in leadership over us, and to our fellow man.
- STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE IN EVERYTHING WE DO
Our Churches' Genetic Code
- THE BIBLE TAUGHT FAITHFULLY AND FULLY AS GOD'S WORD
Recognizing the power of the Word for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, we want the Word of God taught in an inspired, practical and applicable way to daily living.
- INTIMACY WITH GOD
We want every believer to develop a continuously deepening relationship with God, learning to hear His voice, experience His presence, and be obedient to His leading.
- WORSHIP THAT EXPRESSES OUR PASSION FOR GOD
We desire to worship God in spirit and in truth — a sacrifice of praise expressing our adoration, confidence and trust in Him — providing an atmosphere for manifestation of His presence.
- EMPHASIS ON PRAYER
We believe that various types of prayer — such as praise, petition, intercession, and faith — are crucial for developing intimacy with God and releasing the power of God in ministry. Individually and corporately we need to pray for all men and for all who are in authority.
- DISCIPLESHIP — THE MAKING OF DISCIPLE-MAKING DISCIPLES
The Great Commission has called us to make disciples. We emphasize one-on-one discipleship as an essential part of training leaders, faithful men and women who will be able to teach others also.
- CELL GROUP STRUCTURE AS THE PRIMARY AVENUE FOR CHURCH GROWTH
We see the cell group structure as providing an atmosphere that’s very conducive to encouraging interpersonal relationships and interaction, discipleship, and development of leadership skills. At the same time we recognize the special dynamics of the corporate structure for worship and fellowship, and as an avenue for greater missionary outreach and support ministries.
- EMPHASIS ON THE FAMILY
Priority is put on strengthening the family foundation to build strong churches and societies through studies, seminars, specific counseling and ministries for couples, training of children, dating, etc.
- COMMITMENT TO CHURCH PLANTING
Our focus is on planting churches that are committed to the Great Commission in obedience to Christ's commands.
- RELEASE AND EXERCISE OF ALL SPIRITUAL AND MINISTERIAL GIFTS
Believing that all Christians are part of the body of Christ and that each member of the body has an important function, we seek to help each person discover, cultivate and exercise his spiritual and ministerial gifts, and to see all the gifts operating in the home groups and corporate body.
- MINISTRY TO THE NEEDY, SUCH AS THE POOR, SICK, WIDOWS, ORPHANS AND PRISONERS
In the same way that God extends His mercy to us, it is our responsibility to show mercy to those who are in difficult situations.
- BIBLICAL TRAINING THROUGH BIBLE INSTITUTES, SEMINARIES, AND LEADERSHIP TRAINING
To supplement personal studies and discipleship, we make systematic Bible study and topical training available through schools, seminars and conferences.
- ACCOUNTABILITY (PERSONAL, MINISTERIAL, FINANCIAL)
God has ordained lines of authority in family, work, church and government settings. In maintaining integrity and a life that is above reproach, we stress accountability to God, to those in leadership over us, and to our fellow man.
Now see how we need your help in this most important work of reaching the Amazon for Christ!