I had the privilege, just a few weeks ago, of attending a Sunday evening church service in Cuiabá, one of PAZ’s newest bases. When Pastor Sabá invited people to come forward to give their lives to Jesus, among those moving from their seats was a young couple, holding hands. We later learned that their marriage was in shambles and that they had been invited to church by members who lived near them.
By noon on Monday, a cell group leader had already met with them, paired them with strong disciplers, and encouraged them in their new walk. The joy of the Lord was already evident in their faces and their lives. Two days made a difference for that young couple.
It’s faith in action – God in action – and it’s happening all over the Amazon Basin. It’s happening in tiny jungle villages and large cities like Cuiabá. And it happens because God is moving in Brazil and because you support the mission, these church leaders, and their work.
Along with testimonies like this we have had so many things to be thankful for during this year:
- Faithful contributors and dedicated prayer warriors.
- Growing churches and new church plants (more than 60 just from the base in Santarém this year), in big cities and river villages, and thousands coming to the Lord!
- New, thriving bases in Sinop and Cuiabá, preparing leaders to reach out way beyond those cities.
- Life-saving water filters and health services taken to remote areas all throughout the Basin.
- Much-need relief provided in devastated Japan, thanks to the PAZ Brazilian team and your support.
- Individual lives, families, and communities changed forever by the Gospel, brought to them by PAZ missionaries and Brazilian leaders.
We’re now moving ahead into all that we’re called to do in 2012 — build churches, provide reliable transportation for local leaders, develop powerful educational materials for those just coming to faith. And the list goes on.
Your prayers and generosity have been so important during 2011. We’re counting on you as we go forward.